A Little About the Job
IF YOU ARE A PHP DEVELOPER…
Experience with Symfony2 and/or Doctrine2 is a huge plus, while experience with any modern PHP 5.3 library is ideal.
As a part of our development team, you will be architecting and building features in a large scale, high availability Symfony application. You will also show off optimization and code quality when resolving bugs and issues when they come up.
We leverage Github issues & pull requests for communication and code review. We practice good coding standards, and we don’t believe in cowboy coding or working in a bubble.
You should care about code organization, deployment, minification, best-practices, and de-coupling of components.
IF YOU ARE A WORDPRESS DEVELOPER
Having an arsenal of WordPress Plugins to leverage is a huge plus, especially in being able to create your own. Ideally, you should know how to pull & cache external information into a WordPress site from within PHP. You should also have an opinionated way of creating themes and best-practices to adhere to.
IF YOU ARE A RUBY/RAILS DEVELOPER…
Having worked in multi-environment setups is a huge plus, as our sites & tools do not exist in a bubble. You should know how to structure & architect large-scale apps, and when to create micro-apps using Sinatra or similar. We do not maintain a large portfolio of Ruby applications, but skilled developers will translate well into other languages and be able to create stand-alone Ruby apps for internal tools.
- Centrally located in downtown Houston, free employee parking
- Flexible 8am-5pm workday, with remote working opportunities
- Spirited architectural discussions, with lots of whiteboarding
- Casual dress
- Cool office perks (free sodas & coffee, ping pong table)
- Generous salary considerations
- Quality development machines; we use primarily Macs
- Issue tracking in Github Issues
- Automated testing & deployment
- Continuous integration with Jenkins
- Automated deployment with Capistrano
- Functional testing with PHPUnit
- Back-end Development
- Symfony2 (+ YAML configuration)
- Zend Framework (1+2)
- Doctrine2 DBAL+ORM+ODM
- Front-end Development
- Twig Templates
- LESS/SASS CSS3
- Managed dedicated & cloud hosting with Rackspace
- Redhat Enterprise servers
- Apache 2 webserver
- PHP 5.3 (Zend Server) with opcode caching
- Memcached distributed caching
- Gearman job queue
- MySQL database cluster
- MongoDB replication
Please send all job inquiries to Jill Reese - email@example.com. Links to your Github/LinkedIn/Twitter is a huge plus!
No phone calls or walk-ins please.