A Little About The Job
We need a developer with a solid understanding of WordPress, Theme coding, and most importantly, the ability to work as part of a team.
Your primary responsibility will be converting layered PSD & AI designs to WordPress parent and child themes. Your HTML5 & CSS3 skills will shine as you will also show off optimization and code quality when resolving bugs and issues when they come up.
We practice good coding standards, we build for the future, and we don’t believe in cowboy coding or working in a bubble.
- Centrally located in downtown Houston, free employee parking
- True 9am-5pm workday (including 1-hour lunch break)
- Coed work environment, casual dress
- Cool office perks (free sodas & coffee, ping pong table, etc.)
- Generous salary considerations & full benefits
- A thinker… with talent. We don’t need employees.
- We work smart… on Macs. You will, too. (This is a half joke.)
- Project management, to do list, deliverables via Basecamp
- Rock-solid HTML5 & CSS3
- LESS/SASS/Compass (or other CSS pre-processor)
- CSS Frameworks (Twitter Bootstrap, 960.gs, Blueprint, Golden Grid, etc.)
- PHP Experience
- Advanced understanding of all the cool buzzwords… SEO, Web-standards, accessibility and usability concepts, information architecture, UX & UI design
- Good communication skills & a great can-do attitude (We’re totally serious about this one.)
- A github account or experience with other version control (SVN, CVS, etc.)
- You consider yourself a web designer and developer.
- You want to teach as much as learn.
- You have a pixel-perfect design eye with Photoshop skills to match. It’s going to come in super-handy.
- You read sites like SmashingMagazine.com & DigWP.com and actually put tutorials into practice.
- You’ve attended a WordCamp, Meetup, or other industry conference.
Contact Justin Klemm to apply for this position.